background

Saturday, September 5, 2015

South Batan: Mahatao Boat Shelter

Third stop: Mahatao Boat Shelter

The structure was conceptualized and built by the government, 
and with cooperation from the locals,
to protect their fishing industry and promote jobs to locals. 


Another reason why they had this done is 
to give shelter to inter-island vesselsplying to Basco-Itbayat 
and those ferrying passengers or construction materials from Basco 
or Ivana to the island-town of Sabtang during inclement weather (taken from Philstar, Aug 2005).
The natural rock and its concrete surroundings shield them from the monstrous waves. 



The top view of the shelter is so gorgeous. 
Really picture perfect. 
A selfie with that backdrop is a must. haha! 


And since I can't get enough of the view. 
And because I want to share my photos to my readers and friends, 
I tried my very best to give justice to what my eyes see and hopefully 
it did reflect on my photos. 
To achieve that, I braved  myself to stand on the sides of a cliff. 
*don't worry I am not afraid of heights and I took the necessary precautions*


If a rainbow has ROY G BIV,
(red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) 
the seawaters has its own colors as seen below. 
Gorgeous right? 
the colors of the sea 
my boyfie's selfie :D 
The superb spot also deserves a groufie. haha!! 
With us is kuya Toto,
our trike driver and guide for that specific trip. 


More of the aerial view of the boat shelter follows.  



Of course, our trip wouldn't be complete if we will not have photo with most common road sign in Batanes.
Just "Blow your Horn" and they know the drill.  Ha! 


Succeeding photo depicts the entrance going to the boat shelter and its interiors. 










Seeing it was our privilege.
Thank you, Boat Shelter. 
You are so ravishing. 

*Our next stop is San Carlos Borromeo Church!!

No comments: