background

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

South Batan: Itbud Stone Houses and the Ruins of Songsong


One of the barangays that we visited in Uyugan 
housed some of the stone houses and that's in Itbud.
The scope of the area isn't that huge. 
Itbud village, that's how they call it, only contained a few stone houses
that few that can only be counted with your fingers.




In the past, 
I've always wanted to have my photos taken with these stone houses as my backdrop.
And I did!!
Although, 
they were not the same as those that I see in the internet. 
But either way, I am still elated.
At least I am one step closer to reaching my dreams. 
Woohoo!!








Soon after, 
we came over to the ruins of Songsong. 
It's a ghost barangay with bunch of roofless old stone houses
that were left behind after a tsunami hit
the area sometime in the 1950's. 


The tragedy made the people leave the hamlet
And were relocated mostly in Mindanao
I wonder why?
That was north and south. 
Do you have any ideas, guys?



In front of the ruins is a long stretch of beach 
where one can take a dip in its waters. 
It was really inviting but we didn't give in.
Time constraints. :( 


I've read once, while I was doing my research for my itinerary, 
that this is also a  wonderful spot to view sunset. 
It might be true, right?
Considering its picture-perfect scenery. 


And that I might try
when I get back as I explore Batanes more.  





Enough of the ghost town and the stone houses, 
now off to center of Uyugan.

No comments: