background

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kalubihon Cave


Honestly, 
I am not a morning person.
I hate waking up early.
I didn't know why.

So, when my boyfriend 
told me that we have to wake up early the following day
to go for waterfalls hopping. 

I was like?
Huh? 
What?
Ahhh, ok.
That was my answer. 

And for the first time, 
I didn't Google our agenda for that day.
I didn't have any idea of what am I going to see in that place. 
I wanted to be surprised. 
Expect less in a way. 

And so off we go the next day.. 
We left his place around 6 in the morning.
Hopped into a jeepney bound to Dalipuga.
*Oh, but we passed by Jollibee to bring something for breakfast.

When we arrived at the intersection going to Kalubihon Falls, 
we took a habal-habal going to the entry point of the trek.
The travel was short.
Maybe 15 mins or less. 



We were welcomed by a few kids offering as guides to the falls.
All of them were eager to be picked. 
*It was summer vacation when we went there so school wasn't a problem.
And when we asked them as to why they were doing this.
They responded that they want to save some money 
to help in their parents with their  school finances for the coming school year. 

Consequently, 
we started our trek. 
We passed by some coconut plantations and exuberant tropical shrubs.


We had to use the mini-wooden bridge to get across. 


We need to trek going up. 



These two kids really walked fast but weren't careless. 
They weren't in a hurry as well.
I guess they just walk that way. 


...  then we had to go down.
*Remember, it's fine to hold onto tree trunks for support 


Also use non-slippery foot ware. :D 


We passed also this brook where I got stung by an insect in my right arm. 
I had a little swelling and pain thereafter
but I was good to go.


Then we caught sight of this "baby" waterfalls. 
I am getting excited though
because from these
I know that what's ahead is more fantastic than what I can see now. 
Cold, clear, bluish water from a bigger falls. 


A few more minutes passed and finally we're here.

the view from the entrance of the cave  
healthy growing roots 
from where the kids sat (check above photo), you'll see this 
It was just sooo beautiful..
a snapshot with the pristine waters as my backdrop 

We dipped and crossed the waters..
*I was too careful as I don't know how to swim..
I went to the sides of the cave, holding the rocks for support..*
then climbed up the rock formation..
and we were welcomed by the Kalubihon Falls.


Kalubihon Falls and its gushing waters
my turn to have the gushing waters on my back.. 



feet and the cave pool below 


an attemt to climb up pose.. :D 

failed on a cloud-like photo of the waterfalls.. 
on the rocks.. 


got a little tremble.. water's too cold for me.. :D 
last look
the view from the entrance of the cave..still crystal clear water


carefully trekking down.. 

Yey!!
Thank you Kalubihon Falls.
We had a great time.
I wish I could stay longer..

But..
hafta go...

Now off to Pampam Falls.


No comments: