background

Saturday, September 5, 2015

South Batan: Chawa View Deck

The Chawa View Deck 
(chawa in Ivatan means cliff) 
is situated along the sides of the road on your way to Mahatao.
This spot is usually the first stop of the South Batan tour. 
But for us, it wasn't. 

So while we were still traversing,
I got an eye of this view. 
OMG!
The scenery is so enticing. 
The water is even more inviting.


This is how the deck looks like from afar. 



And when you turn your back,
you can see the winding roads beside the mountains.
See how sappient the Ivatans are.
Constructing these roads on the sides of the mountains
so you could see more its beauty.


So,  
Once you reached the area,
you must register.
*I can't recall if there's a fee or not. :D


And just a few steps away from the registration area, on your left side,
stands a grotto of Virgin Mary.


Then you'll see these cute decks.
Without a doubt, we sat at the benches and felt the ocean breeze.

They said, this place is one of the best spots for watching sunsets,
as it faces the West Philippine Sea. 
Hmm, I wonder how chromatic is the sunset here?
Next visit maybe?


Definitely, photo ops are a must if these are your mise en scene.






Isn't it wonderful? 
Oh, the place is really lovely. 


Then I got perplexed though as to how deep the water is in this area 
because the color of the sea got darker in the middle.  
Hmm, do you have any idea? O.O



Soon after, we moved to the stairway adjacent to the hill where
you can dip your feet into the cool waters, 
take more photos, 
go fishing (if you have more time), 
and just watch the waves go in contact with the rocks. 


The stairway's first few steps, by the way, were durable.
Just be careful though on the last few steps as the rocks are loose already. 
We didn't want you injured or hurt. 


When we reach the coral bed at the bottom, 
since it was low tide,
we saw minute pools made from rock holes.
We also saw a number of fish in it 
but we didn't find Nemo. haha!






The wave behind me has gone mad. 
Splashing the rocks with its warm water. 
And almost on me. 
But the feeling of the water on my skin was really refreshing and soothing. 
I'm thinking of taking a dip actually. 





The stairway in a form of "Z" isn't that bad at all when you look at it, right?!
I did several stops in between to catch my breath. 
Grrrrhh!! I wasn't prepare for this. :D 
But because I wanted this, then I had to do this. 
Fight, fight, fight!!! 

And of course, I made it to the top!!!
Now off to our next destination, the Mahatao Boat Shelter!!!

No comments: