background

Friday, August 28, 2015

Mimbalot Falls

The heat was scorching hot!!
We were sweating all over. 


I didn't play in that field.  
I just watched them. 
But the heat was superb. 
It was dehydrating. 



Something refreshing, a cool drink or a dip in a cold water, is a must. 
Then he thought of bringing me to this wonderful falls.

Mimbalot Falls is considered as one of the 39 magnificent waterfalls of Iligan City.  
It belongs to the Tourism Triangle, along with Maria Cristina Falls and Tinago Falls. 

We left the field and took a jeepney bound to Buru-un. 
Our fare was P7 / head. 

Stopped and bought our simple brunch along the highway, near Timoga Cold Spring Resort.   
*Got surprised that the costs wasn't too much. 
Lechon, belly part, less than P200 for a half kilo
the famous puso, a rice wrapped in palm fronds
We rode another jeep bound for Buru-un and we alighted near  Iligan City National School of Fisheries.    
Or you can asked the driver to drop you off to this place.  



We trek for a few minutes, maybe 5-7 minutes.
*Or you can either hire a habal-habal in case you don't like to walk. 

When we arrived, we looked for our finest spot.  
You can either choose to take tables in their picnic grooves, that's for a fee.
Or simply find a comfortable spot on the side for free.

Soon after we fed our tummies.  
Of course, not forgetting to take photos. :D 

the falls as our backdrop
one happy girl feasting on lechon

We later went to the falls.  
Had the most awaited hydro-massage. 
It was hard but relaxing.
I really felt that it loosened my tight muscles. 


I stayed there for like hours.  
I just can't contain my happiness that
 I can't enough of the rushing water. 










doing a "I am a giant monster" trick with these strangers ..haha
chill! can I just stay here forever? 
Furthermore, 
one, who's not brave enough to climb the rocks with the gushing water, 
may opt to stay and swim in their pool basins.  


The pool basins are rocky and slippery 
so it's best to wear proper footwear or keep a good foothold.
Proper balancing is a must.
Remember to hold on to steady rocks.


Sooner or later, I will have to visit this place again. 
I've read some blogs that there's more to the waterfalls and pool basins that I have to try. 
They have zip-line, hanging bridge and other outdoor activities. 


No comments: