background

Friday, August 28, 2015

First Hand with Mayon Volcano

It has been his dream to revisit Mayon Volcano.

According to him, 
he got the chance to visit the outstanding cone when he was still in high school.
They had a soccer competition then
and that was the time when he was able to have his first glimpse of the volcano.

Hmm, I, myself, had the chance to see the volcano when I was little. 
I was with my family, on my mother side 
But I couldn't remember the details, haha! 

So paying a visit together to this attraction was our first.  Yeyy! 


Yes!!  
We left Naga City, my hometown, early in the morning.
Took the first trip off to Legazpi via van.
The drive took not more than 2 hours. 

We arrived quite late at that time, maybe almost 9 am, 
but we were able to catch a sight of the cone superbly for a few minutes.
Soon after, the clouds started to roll over and cover it.

The locals advised us that we should come before 8 am to have the grandest view of the place. 
Thus having the scenery all by yourselves. 

the Cagsawa Ruins in front of Mayon Volcano


rice field
since we came a little late, tons of tourist were all over.
trying to blow away the cotton-candy clouds covering the volcano





So then we decided to just leave the place, for now, and come back the next day.




No comments: