background

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Batanes at First Sight

Traveling solo?

Hmmm, had oodles of thoughts on it.
I've never thought that I'll have the courage to do it.

 I've came across massive blogs about it. 
And reading through,
I felt the overflowing euphoria that every solo traveler felt. 
Her excitement. Her curiosity.  Her enthusiasm.  Her courage. Her satisfaction.
Everything! 
It seemed like it's one of the most wonderful thing that ever happened to her in the world.



Of course, amidst all the negativities. 
Her fright.  Her ambivalence.  Her security.  Her reluctance.  Her hesitations. 

And just like all the others, it all didn't stop me. 
The curiosity and the feeling of having it done is so overwhelming that it's hard to resist.  

I just kept in mind that if they can do this, I can do it as well!
Thus, I put all my antagonistic self aside and took my first step!

After sever'l months of planning and discerning, the day had finally arrived.
(I had it rescheduled because of a super typhoon Chedeng with an international name Maysak.) 
*breathe in, breathe out*
I can do this!! 
I kept on telling myself. 



And so I left Manila in the morning via Philippine Airlines courtesy of my hospital ticket. 
(Yey!! I didn't have to spend a single cent for this flight, thank you God!)

We boarded a 76-seater Bombardier turboprop aircraft and during my flight, the plane wasn't full. 
But I was with a huge group.
That kept me safe.  :D 



The took off was fine.
I could really feel it since the craft is itsy-bitsy.


Then I spotted the houses getting smaller and smaller.
Yey!! I am almost there!! ^_^  


Busied myself with taking photos.
Captured every moment of it.
Looked out the window every once in a while.
Caught sight of the cotton candy clouds.
Then land formations that were surrounded by the water.  

Overheard from the frequent flyer on my back that seating on the left side of the pilot, where I was on, showed better view than his.  
I felt luckier upon hearing it. haha!
But I was wondering if he really was telling the truth
because I was hearing more clicks from his camera than mine.
Hmmm..? What do you think?



After a while, I stumbled upon this view.  
It was magnificent. 
The turquoise waters, the white sand, the green mountains, the clouds above it and the sunshiny weather.
Awww!! I could smell paradise! 
I even told myself, I wanna be there!! 
Someday!

The scenery kept me pondering..
What part of the Philippine archipelago could this be? 
Which part of North Luzon is this?
Hmm, what do you think? 



 A while later, 
the captain announced that we're about to land. 
Yey!!
We're here!! 
In one of my dream destinations. 
Wooohooo!! 
Batanes!! 


Basco Airport from my window.

By the way, the other airlines that serves Batanes are SkyJet and SkyPasada.
SkyJet caters Manila to Basco while the latter is from Tuguegarao-Basco route only. 


Basco Airport is one of the airports that serves Batanes being the other airport in Itbayat. 

This is also the only airport that closes at 1600H 
to give way for children to play in around,
for bike and motorcycle learners to to learn and practice here. 

Hmm, I can't wait to explore the place and see what's install for me. 
#ExcitedMuch

No comments: