background

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Bollywood Night


Once upon a time, 
I got an opportunity to attend an event in our hospital. 

As part of the Retention program for the nurses, we had the Bollywood Night.  
This showcased the Indian talents and culture.  

Just like what I see on TV, I imagined it to be colorful, festive, and fun. 
And I was right.
 And this also gave me the opportunity to put my photography skills to test. (Yes!!)
As they have always say, practice makes perfect. 

We (I was with my colleague) took off early (coz I am not familiar with the place).  
Spotted!! 
The organizers.  They were so busy fixing the whole area.


The receiving area

the corner display
inside of the Performance Hall

Then the performers.  Glamorized. 



my friends who took part in a wedding ceremony

 with one of the marvellous dancers
Oh, I could feel the excitement. 

Later on, we were served dinner. 
Filling our hungry tummies was the best part. 
Woohoo!
  
on queue for the food



Good laugh.  Good food. Good company. 

Ultimately, the most awaited part of the night commenced. 
Generally, and in all the other programs, it all started with the National Anthem. 


  
Then a presentation was flashed to impart a little history of India. 
It was some sort of a powerpoint presentation and was informative enough. 

Soon after, a young lady did a traditional dance. 
She was full of colors.  She moved gracefully.  She was full of expressions and emotions.  
A total performer.  






Another ethnic dance was executed.  
This time, an older lady did it.  
Just like the previous performer, she also danced entracingly. 




Aside from the dances, we also had games. 
One of the featured games was the Stick Game.  
The players will move according to the instructions given and should make sure that the stick on their finger will not fell on the ground. 
Otherwise, they will be eliminated. 
Teamwork and proper balance are the key.  



Furthermore, a fashion show was also exhibited. 
They showed the different clothing that Indian women use 
depending on her place of origin and the occasion.
(I'll only share a few photos, otherwise I'll be flooding the whole entry.) 




A wedding ceremony was also presented which mirrored their culture and beliefs.
It was quite a lengthy ritual but it was entertaining.  





The whole night was fun. 

It was charming. 
A really good stress-reliever from our busy nursing life.

Reminds me of a saying to work hard and play harder. 

No comments: