background

Friday, June 3, 2016

Crazy and Weird Wednesday


I felt crazy and at the same weird today. 

It's even funny.  Haha! 

Three weird things happened to me today: 

First: 
I sent a work request to our AV technician asking him to check the 
TV and the remote control of beds 13 and 21.  
He came and fixed it.
I saw him in the morning. 

Moments later, around past 2 in the afternoon, 
he came back saying that the I send another request with the same complaint.
So he came back to check it.

But I told him, no!
I only sent the request once.
And the second one has comments in it.
I felt like? What? Really?

Second:
A colleague of mine asked me to be her witness in the Pyxis (a machine where meds are kept instead of asking from the pharmacy)
as she will be taking a narcotic.
We did the directions as directed by the device.
But when we were about to return the said meds because according to the machine, we entered the medication twice,
the machine wouldn't allow us to return it.
We called for help, and the pharmacist came.  She checked the system,
and it revealed that we took logged in twice and took two amps (same time.)
But we know that we did only once.

Third:
I got a patient for chemotherapy, the mother knew the full name, but she doesn't know the MRN,
a unique number of a patient.
I checked for the ID band, but there was none.  So I called our patient relation to help me locate the brother who was with the patient a while ago.
We needed to ask for the MRN and a full name just to make sure of the six rights.
After confirmation, I placed a new ID band on the left leg of the patient.
Moments later, something came up with the patient that we had to admit him.
While we were ushering the patient for admission, I noticed another paper wrapped around his right leg.  I checked it, and it's an ID band.
And I was like? What?  It wasn't there before.  O.O


Weird and crazy right?
Imagine, I did them all once, but they ended up being doubled.
Weird.
Am I being played around by someone I don't see?
O.O

Woooo! Creepy!  

No comments: