background

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Haciendas de Naga : Wall Climbing

When I went home for vacation, summer of 2012,
my best friend mentioned to me that there's a new place where I can feed my adventurous cravings. 
It wasn't too fancy, but it's something I can share with my siblings. 

She told me about Haciendas de Naga. 
It is located in Carolina, Uptown Naga City. 
It can be reached by riding a jeepney off to Carolina or renting a tricycle from the city proper. 

The place was still in the works when we visited, so we just took the zip line (400 meters) 
and the wall climbing. 
At present, visitors can enjoy the wave pool, play on the golf course, go horseback riding, 
visit zoofaris adventure, go fishing and do pili nut picking. 

My youngest sister climb first. 
Second on the lead. 
Us, three!!! 




Before everything else, 
the staff gave us sort of orientation on how to do the climb safely and efficiently. 
It's a must to listen attentively. :) 


Looking around, he showed us the
"rocks" to hold and to step on to. 

It was my youngest sister who did it first.
She's like me, adventurous as well with no chicken feet. 


The climb went well with her. 
Holding on to the "rocks" and stepping on them. 



A few moments later, she's almost half of the wall. Good job, sissy!! 


Looking at her from afar, the climb seemed uncomplicated and effortless, right?


I am glad that she has the strength and courage to do the drill. :D


And she was able to reach the top!! Yey!!! 


Rappelling time!!! 
Easy huh? 



Now it's my other sister's turn.
She was a bit ambivalent and anxious to do the climb.
But I was pleased that she challenged herself.



She climbed. 
Stepping here and there.
Holding on to those steady and grab-able "rocks." 



I was mirthful that even if she weren't able to get to the top, 
she was able to do it.  
She got to experience it.
She was able to feel how it is to climb. 
And most of all, she was able to overcome her fear. 
I am one damn proud sissy here!! ^_^ 
Fist bump, sister!! ^_^


And it's my turn now. 
I am a bit aghast and excited at the same time. 
I know I had done this before, but it was so long ago.
The feeling of doing it the first time came rushing back.
But I challenged myself and started my climb. 
Brave! (hihi!)


The first few steps were easy as the adrenaline was still kicking in.
But as I could feel my extremities, I felt a little uneasily.
But it didn't stop me.
I pushed myself more. 
As I had to challenge and remind myself that I can do this. 
(Just like before..)


Push!!!
I told myself that I had to reach the top and checked out the view. 




Yey!!
Almost there.  
A few more and I am on top. 



I told myself that I had to check out the view, right?
But I failed to turn around and see it. 
I was so excited to go down and feel my knees. 
Haha!! 



After the climb, 
we rested a bit in one of the huts nearby.
Sipped some soda and talked about our experiences. :D 





That ended our sibling afternoon sesh!! ^_^ 
Simple yet full of experience and learnings. 

No comments: