background

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Dates Tayo

As I was going through my hard drive, 
I came across this photos (dated Aug 2011).  Haha!!! 
Sooo young and old school.  


We had a lot of fun harvesting dates from this tree. 
I remember I was only 3 months old at that time when I started to work abroad. 
I didn't have any idea of what the dates are as we don't have it back home but I've grown to love it. 
Ohhh, especially the long red ones.  OMG!!! I sooo love it. :D 

Anyway, we all came from our duty back then, and we spotted the tree from our lobby window
and hurrah!!
Dates attack!!! :D


We took a few. 
The height of the dates was pretty unreachable even on tiptoes
so we took a bench so we can stand on it. 
Haha!!! 
(Short girls problems)


Personally, I prefer the not-so-ripe dates.  
I want it a little crunchy with a bit of acrid taste after a few bites. 
Some opted the ripe ones because
they're soft and sweet.






And after a few picks, we went home with our packs almost half-full. 
YeY!! 
Happy kids! :) 


No comments: