background

Thursday, October 1, 2015

North Batan: Basco Lighthouse and Naidi Hills


Basco Lighthouse, a 66-feet tower, is the first lighthouse ever built in Batanes.
It is situated in the northernmost of Batanes, 
which offers a magnificent view of the Batan Island including Mount Iraya. 
The lighthouse, made in native materials, is a six-story architecture 
with a view deck that you can climb on the fifth floor 
and has its sparkling light on the sixth. 


Alongside the Basco Lighthouse, on top of the Naidi Hills, 
is the Bunker's Cafe Restaurant. 
This used to be an American bunker, site of American telegraph facilities,
during the World War II but they turned it into a restaurant after its destruction by the Japanese army. 
The cafe opens in the late afternoon around 5pm
so it is a perfect spot for watching sunset
while nibbling something from the restaurant.
(reservation is a must though.)



one of the Marfel's staff (forgot his name, sorry! peace!) offered to give me a tour on the lighthouse during my 2nd day.



We didn't got the chance to climb the lighthouse as there were too many tourists and it's getting dark already.
I believe that if it gets darker, the view wouldn't be that visible. 
The photos that I'll be getting wouldn't be very tip-top. 

We opted to visit it the next day but unfortunately
we didn't made it. #sad
So I guess, next time maybe. 


oh, my haggard face! :p


Yes, they said that the sunset was perfect here. 
But the sun hid from us that day.
It was just the scattering of light rays in different directions that was present.  
I guess it wasn't our lucky day. 
But even so, I still believe that it still an awesome experience. 


*Notes:
I went here in this lighthouse on 2 different days, one with the Marfel's staff and the other during our North Batan Tour. So I hope I didn't confuse that much. :D 

No comments: