background

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Dios Mamajes Batanes

Time traveled fast, really fast. 
My one week stay in Batanes has gone like greased lightning. 
I wished to stay longer but my days weren't enough. 
Next time maybe. 


But before we bid our adieu, 
we swung by Basco Church, commonly known as Santo Domingo Church which
honors the patron saint of Basco, Santo Domingo de Guzman.  



Formerly, the churches were made of cogon and wood, but due to frequent fires and typhoons, 
they started building the churches out of stone, lime, and sand. 
The interiors of the church reflected the touch of Baroque style during the Spanish era. 


While waiting for him to finish praying, 
I sat on the church's doorstep and gazed at the view in front of me. 
I thank God for the opportunity He had given me to caught sight of this place. 
And with a heavy heart, I had to leave this praiseworthy place. 
I wished really I could stay longer. 



Moving on, we continued our stroll at their town plaza. 
We passed by their Municipal Hall and this monstrous tree.  




After taking our last look at the place and buying souvenirs, we now head to our shack,
collected our things and shove off to the airport.
Now, waiting for our flight back to the jungle.  


In a wink of an eye, we boarded the plane. 
That gave us the high sign that we're really leaving. 
Waaah! 





Dios Mamajes, Batanes!!
It was a short but fun-filled experience. 
I will definitely go back and see more of you. 



No comments: