background

Monday, August 1, 2016

JPI Series: Mukawer


After our long journey en route to Mukawir, we have arrived finally. 
It was a fascinating drive actually because we got to see different landscapes 
and views along the way.


Mukawir is a fortress built by King Herod. 
It is also the place where John the Baptist was imprisoned and beheaded
after Salome made a dance in front of the king in exchange for John's head.  














The place was surprisingly full of stories, but I was a bit disappointed when 
I checked on some other blogs, and they were able to see and go to the "fortress" themselves. 


Imagine, I was just behind the fortress, but we didn't get the chance to hike up there. 
I didn't know why we didn't.  
I am not sure if it was restricted at that time or what. 

Waaah!
Another I missed when I visited Mukawir.  :( 

Anyway, it was a lovely place. 
The sheep/goat made the venue picture perfect. :) 
So I just consumed myself taking their snapshots. Haha!  

No comments: